MSc seminar I 2019 Spring
ITX8301 Magistriseminar I / MSc Seminar I
- Jüri Vain
Spring 2019: Monday 14:00 in room ICT-637 (NEW ROOM!!!)
Timetable in the Study Information System: https://ois.ttu.ee/timetable/ITX8301
Course description in the Study Information System: https://ois.ttu.ee/subject/ITX8301
- Seminar 1: Reference structure: What parts the MSc thesis consist of?
- Seminar 2: Discussion on how to select thesis topic?
- Students present their preliminary choice of topics and motivate their choice.
- Discussion provides feedback on the feasibility of the choice, outlines possible risks and recommendations on the thesis preparation roadmap
- Seminar 3: Thesis references: How to perform search and evaluate sources I
- How to perform search and evaluate sources II.
- Thesis topic presentations and meeting with potential supervisors HW: Read Error and Attack Tolerance. To be discussed in 2 weeks time.
- How to set up research case studies based on former successful students
- How to prototype the MSc thesis outline. Analysis of the paper given in last seminar. Related reading: 
- What constitutes a good problem statement for MSc thesis?
- Individual research period. No scheduled seminar, but students are welcome to contact the seminar staff in case they want to discuss their topic.
- : Structured writing (text processors and Latex). a sample template
- : How give talks?. In the seminar we looked at the following slides.
- April 8: Problem Statement submission deadline. Submission at https://ained.ttu.ee
April - May
The discussion forum and problem statement upload is available at https://ained.ttu.ee