MScSeminar 2019 Spring
Course description: https://ois.ttu.ee/subject/ITX8302
Course timetable: https://ois.ttu.ee/timetable/ITX8302
- date TBA: Add description of which method you are going to use in your MSc thesis. Submit it to ained.ttu.ee to the appropriate assignment.
- date TBA: Review deadline (3 reviews each)
- date TBA: Background and related work chapter submission.
- date TBA: Review deadline (2 reviews each)
- April-May: Defence talk practice.
- Seminar on reviewing.
- Interactive session on problem statement and methodology.
- Seminar on background and related work. 
- Seminar on analysis of reviewing
- April-May: Student presentations according to the schedule at ained.ttu.ee
- 10% of 100%: Problem statement and methodology, another 10% of 100% for giving feedback to problem statements submitted by others.
- 40% of 100%: Background and related work submission.
- 10% of 100%: Feedback to background and related work submissions by other students (3 each).
- 30% of 100%: Your mock defence talk and participation in seminars where other students give talks. Note that you will need to submit your current draft of the thesis by the time you give the talk. The draft is not marked, but it will be used for questions after your talk.
The final grade will be calculated as follows from the sum of the above results:
- 90% or more: 5
- 80% or more: 4
- 70% or more: 3
- 60% or more: 2
- 50% or more: 1
- less than 50%: 0
How to write a great research paper (thesis) by Simon Peyton Jones.
Ian Parberry's advice: 
Bertrand Meyer: Why I sign my reviews: 
Seminar on writing thesis in Latex. An example of TTÜ thesis template in Latex is here.
Digital library TalTech