ITX8512 offers 6 ECTS for Internships & Practical trainings.
If you are looking for a new internship place: see here.
If you have already work experience, the requirements to get this recognised are as follows. Note, this is soon going to change. For now the text below still applies.
- The work that you have done must be in an IT and/or cybersecurity-related field. You must have worked at least 4 weeks full-time, or 8 weeks part-time (at 50%).
- Your supervisor will have to sign a form and evaluate your work progress. Internship regulations and supervisor form can be found on the Internship regulation and forms page. This signed supervisor form needs to be uploaded to OIS (with your application in OIS).
- You will need to document what you have been working on and write a report about it. Guideline is about ~2 pages. This paper should be well structured AND in academic writing style, e.g., with introduction/overview, (work-)problem-statement, solution/methodology/achievements, and conclusion.
- You will have to give a presentation about what you have done during your work/internship. This presentation should not only give an overview of what the company is/was doing, but also present some particular projects and problems that you have been working on. If you have worked in a team, also explain how this went and what your contribution was. The presentation should not be longer than 10-15 min, and you should expect questions at anytime.
- This is NOT a regular course, you find it under "applications" in OIS. Please upload the signed supervisor form to OIS. E-mail Olaf Maennel, about your presentation. Note places for the seminar are assigned on a first-come-first-serve basis and might be full. You are welcome to attend any seminar as a listener/ask questions/participate in the discussions. If you have any issues with registering this course in OIS, please contact the study office/deans office
Please contact Olaf Maennel at least one week in advance, if you are planning to attend any of those sessions. All sessions will be in ICT-411 (hybrid is also an option on request).
Mon, 21 FEB 2022 11.00 - 12.00 Mon, 14 MAR 2022 11.00 - 12.00 Mon, 11 APR 2022 11.00 - 12.00 Mon, 09 MAY 2022 11.00 - 12.00
Those are all time-slots for this semester, if you want to defend your internship this semester, please pick one of those slots. More time-slots next semester.
Note that If you presentation contains some confidential material, then we will arrange a private presentation for your presentation.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact: Olaf Maennel